Monday, December 22, 2014

Odette


Métro: Saint Michel (line 4) or Cluny-La Sorbonne (line 10)
RER B and C: St-Michel Notre Dame
Address: 77 Rue Galande, 75005 Paris
Hours: Everyday from 10:30am to 7:30pm
Price: 1.90 euros per cream puff
Website: http://www.odette-paris.com/
 

It all started with an IT guy and his grandma. Yep, I know that's so not what you expected to read on my blog. Well Odette was a typical French grandma who would bake delicious cream puffs for her grandchildren. Frédéric Berty is like every French person: Nostalgic. So he decided to drop his IT career and open this little shop/ Tea Room.

First of all, I love the street it is on with the old church in the corner, the cobble stones and the beautiful tree on the side. I love the charm of its building and the incredible view on Notre Dame. Then comes the food. I have to be honest, it's probably not the most jaw dropping puffs I ate but they were still enjoyed and eaten. My favorite flavors: chocolate, caramel, pralines and vanilla. I found the berry one pretty disgusting actually, tasted more like chemicals than anything else. Lemon was okay. But once again the spot makes all the charm of this place. I could seat there hours drinking my hot chocolate and enjoying the sun rays caressing my face while admiring Notre Dame, plus it's a pretty quiet spot as well. What else to ask for?


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...